Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Where the Wild Things Are: Queens Zoo Day

Last week I had the opportunity to go to the Queens Zoo with my friend Jess and her boys, who are 2 and 3.5.  I took the nice camera and had fun learning to use it, and even did a little photo editing.  What I learned is I really should have brought two lenses.  I had only the zoom lens, which is great for getting the animals, but not so great for getting pictures of kids in crowded places, because I had to stand so far back, someone was always getting in the shot.

I like how I adjusted the color of his shirt in this one.
Still learning to focus on faces rather than fences or accessories - but it's still cute.

The Queens Zoo is part of New York's Wildlife Conservation Society, which includes the Bronx Zoo and Aquarium.  The Queens Zoo is great for kids because you can do the whole thing in a couple of hours and they have a petting zoo with domestic animals.

Wild Animals
Andean Bear - he's waving!
Bald Eagle
Bison - they are molting.
Watching the Sea Lions.
Sea Lions at feeding time.

With the big kids - lots of school groups at the zoo.
Tiny Deer.

No comments:

Post a Comment