Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Past Halfway: 21 weeks

Wow!  Time is starting to fly by.  I'm starting to get a little nervous about getting all my schoolwork done in time.  But it will happen.  I am at 21 weeks now, so a more than halfway done.  Last week for the first time someone stopped and asked me "Are you having a baby?"  That made me happy.  I finally look pregnant enough that it's safe to ask.  It's happened a couple more times since.

Baby boy weighed 12 oz. 10 days ago, I'm sure he's bigger now.  I forgot to ask the length, but around 11 inches.

I've gained 7 or 8 pounds so far.  I like food again.  No real cravings though, which is a disappointment I must say.  Cravings make meal planning much easier.

I joined on online mom's group in our neighborhood, and it's been great so far.  I picked up a bag of maternity clothes from there to go along with what friends have given me and the few things I bought.  I bought the blue shirt in the picture last week, I figure I'm a boy mom, I need something blue.  I also scored a baby bathtub, which is being put to good use holding the baby items that are starting to accumulate.

Motion sickness is still going strong, but I am taking zofran before car trips now, and that is amazing stuff.  I'm also still having trouble sleeping, but the sleep pillow I bought is at least keeping me on my side.  I never realized how nice it feels to lay on my back until I couldn't do it anymore.

Baby boy is moving and I can feel it now.  There were a couple of jabs over the weekend that Rob could feel too.  That is lots of fun.


I'm starting to "nest"  I spent a few hours on Sunday afternoon cleaning out the closet and clutter in the nursery/office.  There is still some work to be done, but a crib is now conceivable.  I also have a long list of house projects.  Rob says I need to prioritize, and be ok that they won't all get done.  I can deal with that.

1 comment:

  1. Kasey!

    You look gorgeous! Lol, you're doing much better on the weight gain then I did (I CRAVED sweets with Ike, and once I heard about the diabetes test I overdid it the month before the test and gained like 15 lbs that month....yikes!). So excited for you--can't wait to see some nursery pics :)

    Love,

    Rachie Paigie

    ReplyDelete