Pages

Monday, July 6, 2009

Birthday Boy

Today is Rob's Birthday! And it's been a birthday celebration weekend.
Friday night I surprised Rob with some friends, who came from Boston and Josh, who joined us for the birthday dinner he knew about. Ninja New York. We were served by real live people in ninja costumes with swords and daggers and all kinds of cool stuff. Five course meal - Appetizer, Sushi, Fish, Meat, Desert - I don't know how fancy people used to eat that much all the time. I brought two courses home with me...

Saturday was the 4th. We took it easy. Worked some at home, then took a walk to a street fair and heard the NYPD Jazz Band play for awhile. They are pretty good.

"Sunday we attended to some much neglected chores around the house. But then took a nice long walk through Astoria all the way over to a Sculpture Garden we'd never heard of and a kayak launch point. Nice long walk. Rob then got to spend the afternoon before church playing video game - woo! - while I made his fun-fetti boxed chocolate birthday cake.

He really wanted it for desert last night, so I gave him the candles and birthday some a bit early.


Happy Birthday. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment