Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Friendship

My friends are an important part of life. They are always there in good times and in bad. Doesn't that sound like something from a wedding vow. But it kind of is; a true friend is a relationship that lasts a lifetime. I've recently reconnected with some old friends. And it doesn't matter that we haven't talked in maybe a year or two, it's like we never parted. And I have made some wonderful new friends, who I think will be in my life for a very long time.

My friends know who I am. I don't have to put on a facade to make my life seem something it isn't. I am thankful to have people in my life who truly care for me and wish the best. I hope I am just as good a friend to them.

At Christmas I bought two mini-desk calenders. One for me and one for Sara. We often buy the cute things for each other we'd like to have ourselves, but can't justify. I thought the calender was a nice idea because we would be reading the same quote every day. Here are some of my favorites:

"A friendship can weather most things and thrive in thin soil - but it needs a little mulch of letters and phone calls and small silly presents everyso often - just to save it from drying out completely." -Pam Brown

"Your dresses should be tight enough to show yo're a woman and loose enough to show your're a lady." - Edith Head

'Never try to make anyone like you; you know, and God knows, that one of you is enough." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Real sisterhood is a bunch of dames in bathrobes throwing back M&Ms and making each other laugh." - Maxine Wilke

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love that calendar. I don't agree with the third quote-Why wouldn't the world like more of us?? :) My favorite is the first one. That's us! You're the only person I can buy those cute little things for who will appreciate them, and who gives them back. Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete