Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Food Co-op

Tonight I must put in my dues at the Park Slope Food Co-op. From 8:30 - 11pm I will work in the office recording yesterday's attendance...wait that was supposed to be last Monday and then last night. I had a major scheduling screw up this month.

The Co-op is where I shop for most of my groceries. The food is cheaper because to shop there you work there, so there is no labor mark-up. It's like a Whole Foods or Wild Oats in that there is a ton of organic stuff. As much as can be locally grown is (within 500 miles of the city) So lots of fresh produce and meat. There is fresh bread. And the cost of the frozen organic food is half the price of the same thing at the regular supermarket.

I think I will forever be appalled at what the price of milk has risen too. I remember the days in college when we could get half gallons for like 60 cents on sale. Here it is almost $2 and I am sure you can remember it even cheaper.

But back to the original thought. I was supposed to work last Monday night. But I thought it was last night. So when my shift supervisor called about my make-up I told her I could do last night or a list of other days. She said she would get back to me. I never heard, so I assumed I didn't have a shift open last night. But I did, because she thought I was coming in on Monday unless I heard from her. So last night I made dinner for Rob and went to bed early.

This morning I got the call. Oops! and tonight I go in. But it means I can buy more lettuce for Rob's bunny, as he eats a ton of it and the Co-op has it in bulk.

www.foodcoop.com

No comments:

Post a Comment